Late Breaking News
VA Neurologist Promotes Routine Use of Screening Tool to Earlier Identify Patients with Dementia
According to J. Riley McCarten, MD, medical director of the Geriatric Research Education and Clinical Center (GRECC) at the Minneapolis VA Health Care System, routine screening for mental function or cognitive impairment is rarely done in the VA or the private sector. Read this Article and participate in our poll:
- Have your VA bonuses been cut in recent years and are you concerned about getting merit pay in the future?
- Should pay-for-performance be used to improve healthcare quality at the VA?
- Did you or any of your co-workers leave or consider leaving DoD employment because of furloughs?
- Do you think the DoD will continue with civilian employee furloughs in the next fiscal year or will they find other ways to cut costs?
- Is VA adequately prepared to offer necessary care for servicemembers with TBI and PTSD over the long term?
- Are furloughs of medical personnel the best way to meet required military budget cuts?
- Military Sexual Assaults Increasing Despite DoD Efforts to Stem Tide
- VA Will Introduce Productivity Models for Five MD Specialties This Year
- VA Providers Often Miss EHR Test Result Alerts
- Many Servicemembers Sleep Less than Five Hours a Night