Late Breaking News
The Closing of Walter Reed Army Medical Center...
In 2005, the Base Realingment and Closure Committee recommended that the Walter Reed Army Medical Center be closed and that its operations be merged with the National Naval Medical Center. This new tri-service facility, the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center is currently scheduled to be operational by September 2011.
- Have your VA bonuses been cut in recent years and are you concerned about getting merit pay in the future?
- Should pay-for-performance be used to improve healthcare quality at the VA?
- Did you or any of your co-workers leave or consider leaving DoD employment because of furloughs?
- Do you think the DoD will continue with civilian employee furloughs in the next fiscal year or will they find other ways to cut costs?
- Is VA adequately prepared to offer necessary care for servicemembers with TBI and PTSD over the long term?
- Are furloughs of medical personnel the best way to meet required military budget cuts?
- Military Sexual Assaults Increasing Despite DoD Efforts to Stem Tide
- VA Will Introduce Productivity Models for Five MD Specialties This Year
- VA Providers Often Miss EHR Test Result Alerts
- Many Servicemembers Sleep Less than Five Hours a Night