Late Breaking News
WASHINGTON, DC—When VA Secretary Eric Shinseki took his post nearly two years ago, he learned that veterans lead the nation in homelessness, depression, substance abuse, and suicide.
Should VA direct more resources to prevent homelessness or to care for those already homeless? Please read the article about ending homelessness among Veterans and participate in the online poll.
WASHINGTON, DC—If the federal government wants to tackle the full range of after-effects of the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan, including providing fully for the nation’s veterans, it will need a substantial upheaval in communication between federal departments, according to Maj Gen John Batiste (Ret).
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place. —George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
I recently returned to work from a week of fly fishing for bass (Yes, I tie my own flies.) and water sports with my family in Maine.
Most Popular Stories
- Many Healthcare Providers Lose VA Retention Bonuses
- Federal Medicine Organizational Meetings — Tarred with the Same Brush?
- Despite Formulary, High-Cost Diabetes Drug Use Varies Widely Across VA Facilities
- Report Says Administration Faces Hard Choices For Veterans Programs
- Physician Overcomes TBI to Return to Active-Duty Medicine
Join Our E-Mail List