Late Breaking News
Archive for March 12th 2013
The VA action plan for the new registry seems to reflect that broader mission. As announced in the Federal Register, the plan acknowledges “the need for further study of the long-term health effects of exposure to airborne hazards (such as poll...
The researchers also assessed the impact of the dust on immune function. Using a broncho-alveolo lavage, they analyzed the fluid for cytokines IL-2, IL-4, IL-6, interferon-gamma, and the anti-inflammatory IL-10. None of the dust-treated mice ha...
Veterans who take steroids, often prescribed for exacerbations of pulmonary disease, often are monitored for osteoporosis and osteopenia. But this study and other “recent evidence suggests that COPD itself may be associated with an increased ri...
Most Popular Stories
- Many Healthcare Providers Lose VA Retention Bonuses
- Federal Medicine Organizational Meetings — Tarred with the Same Brush?
- Despite Formulary, High-Cost Diabetes Drug Use Varies Widely Across VA Facilities
- Report Says Administration Faces Hard Choices For Veterans Programs
- Physician Overcomes TBI to Return to Active-Duty Medicine
Join Our E-Mail List