Late Breaking News
Archive for January 2012
Editor-in-Chief, Chester 'Trip' Buckenmaier III
MD, COL, MC, USA
This past year is notable for its anniversaries and milestones. We marked the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, which literally changed the lives of countless Americans forever. Like many in federal medicine, I can recall details of my life on that day like few other days, such as graduation, my wedding or the birth of a child.
By Rear Adm. Thomas McGinnis, RPh, chief, Pharmaceutical Operations Directorate,
TRICARE Management Activity
The DoD pharmacy program dispenses close to 2.8 million prescriptions each week at a cost of $6.7 billion in 2011, about 14% of the department’s total healthcare costs. The overall DoD health budget remains an issue of concern, as healthcare costs have greatly increased since 2001.
Most Popular Stories
- Many Healthcare Providers Lose VA Retention Bonuses
- Federal Medicine Organizational Meetings — Tarred with the Same Brush?
- Despite Formulary, High-Cost Diabetes Drug Use Varies Widely Across VA Facilities
- Report Says Administration Faces Hard Choices For Veterans Programs
- Physician Overcomes TBI to Return to Active-Duty Medicine
Join Our E-Mail List